Epic Games announced Unreal Fest Online, a free global event taking place on Tuesday, July 14, with registration open now.
Covering five content tracks with more than 50 sessions (including live Q&A), and an attendee lounge for networking, the packed event caters to creators of all levels across games, media and entertainment, automotive, architecture/AEC, and other fields. To register, visit: unrealengine.com/unrealfestonline
Unreal Fest Online will feature live participation with many leaders from Epic and prominent studios using Unreal Engine, with content available to play on demand following the event. Sessions will be posted to the Unreal Engine YouTube channel at a later date.
For those interested in learning more about Unreal Engine 5, be sure to attend the Unreal Engine for Next-Gen Games session, presented by Epic Games’ Nick Penwarden, Marcus Wassmer, and Jerome Platteaux.
Additional Unreal Fest Online session highlights will include:
- Building Worlds in Fortnite with Unreal Engine (Epic Games)
- The Evolution of Real-Time VFX with Unreal Engine’s Niagara (Epic Games)
- Optimizing and Building AAA UI in Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG) UI Designer (Rocksteady Studios)
- Porting The Sinking City to Nintendo Switch (Frogwares)
- A Deep Dive into a Cross-Platform Build Farm (Natural Motion)
- Visual Fidelity with Ray Tracing (Epic Games)
- A Deep Dive into the Key Components of a Product Configurator (Audi)
- Exploring the Ford Mustang Mach-E: the Real-Time Future of Automotive Visualization (Burrows)
- A Fully Immersive Driving Simulator for Autonomous Vehicles (Warwick Mfg Group)
Media and Entertainment:
- Work From Home Virtual Production (Matt Workman)
- Using Unreal Engine for Linear Animation (Epic Games)
- The Future of Real-Time Broadcast Graphics (Zero Density)
- Bootstrapping Live Action Real-Time In-Camera VFX for Indie Filmmakers (Treehouse Digital)
- The Making of ‘His Dark Materials’ (Painting Practice)
- Real-Time Ray Tracing for Architectural Visualization (Epic Games)
- Crash Course: An Introduction to Twinmotion (Epic Games)
- Transforming Archviz at KPF with Unreal Engine and Twinmotion 2020 (Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates)
- BIM-Integrated VR with Unreal Engine (Epic Games)
- Crash Course: An Introduction to Unreal Engine (Epic Games)
- Quixel Mixer Workflow and Applying Megascans in a Virtual World (Quixel)
- How to Use Blender with Unreal Engine (Epic Games)
- Diving into Niagara: Intelligent Particle Effects (Epic Games)
- Collect, Analyze, and Visualize Your Data with Unreal Insights (Epic Games)
For additional free, permanent online Unreal Engine resources, anyone can take advantage of comprehensive instructional guides and documentation through the Support page, a growing catalogue of courses and guided learning materials through Unreal Online Learning, the ongoing Webinar series, and the weekly Inside Unreal livestream on Twitch (archived on both Twitch and YouTube). For the latest updates on online resources, keep an eye on the Unreal Engine blog.
About Unreal Engine
Epic Games’ Unreal Engine is the world’s most open and advanced real-time 3D tool. Creators across games, film, television, architecture, automotive and transportation, advertising, live events, and training and simulation choose Unreal to deliver cutting-edge content, interactive experiences, and immersive virtual worlds. Follow @UnrealEngine and download Unreal for free at unrealengine.com.
About Epic Games
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is the creator of Fortnite, Battle Breakers, Unreal, Gears of War, Shadow Complex, and the Infinity Blade series of games. Epic's Unreal Engine technology, which brings high-fidelity, interactive experiences to PC, console, mobile, AR, VR, and the Web, is freely available at unrealengine.com. The Epic Games Store offers a handpicked library of games, available at epicgames.com. Follow @EpicGames for updates.