Autodesk has released new updates to Maya and Maya LT. While there are no new major improvements, there are a slew of minor ones that enhance the workflow of both Maya and Maya LT. Both Maya LT and Maya now high-resolution textures now supported for 3D Paint. When painting on a 3D object, you can now save textures at a size of up to 16k. Textures larger than 4096 x 4096 may yield slower performance. See Paint on a 3d object for more information.
Rokoko + Maya
We've partnered with Rokoko to bring you an industry-leading motion capture library right inside of Maya. With the Rokoko plug-in, you can simply drag and drop mocap assets into your scenes from the comfort of your own home, without the need for a multi-million dollar studio or equipment setup. For the first time, you can leverage assets built for big productions like Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Doctor Strange, Assassin's Creed, and Horizon Zero Dawn in your own projects, for just $3-$6 apiece.
For more information, visit the Rokoko documentation website.
Bifrost Extension for Maya 188.8.131.52
- Faster compilation, giving better graph interactivity.
- Faster aero simulations, and other aero improvements.
- Improvements to vary_source_property, constrain_mpm, and other nodes.
- Better graph readability and zooming.
For a full list of features and fixes, see the Bifrost Extension Release Notes.
To download the latest version, visit the Bifrost Download Center.
High-resolution textures now supported for 3D Paint
When painting on a 3D object, you can now save textures at a size of up to 16k.
Textures larger than 4096 x 4096 may yield slower performance. See Paint on a 3d object for more information.
Time Slider Bookmark Improvements
- Interactive Move and Scale
- You can now Ctrl + drag a bookmark to move it left and right on the Time Slider. To scale a bookmark, Ctrl + drag the left or right edge of the bookmark. Both these interactions respect the Current time indicator Snap to whole frames preference in the Time Slider preferences, so you can turn this option off if you want to scale and move bookmarks at decimal values.
- Step through bookmarks
- There are now two new commands to step bookmarks forward and backward, so you can set the current time to the start of the next or previous bookmark. To step through your bookmarks, press ' (apostrophe) to move the selection forward and ; (semicolon) to step backward.
- Bookmark Manager
- Now, bookmarks are displayed according to their position in the time sequence, as opposed to by when they were created, allowing for a more intuitive approach to working with the Bookmark Manager.
Obtain the latest Substance plug-in
The Substance plug-in enables you to create and edit shading networks with substance textures in Maya.
Visit https://www.substance3d.com/ecosystem-plug-ins/substance-in-maya/ to obtain the latest version of the plug-in. For the Substance User Guide, visit http://www.autodesk.com/maya-substance-docs.