NewTek is pleased to announce the release of LightWave 3D® 2019, a new edition of the production-proven graphics and animation package that refines the artist’s workflow to make the creation of complex, photo-real animation and imagery faster and more efficient. Leading the list of improvements are the revolutionary new integration tools with Unreal Engine for real-time data transfer to the world’s leading game engine. The system performs automatic discovery to make the workflow entirely seamless.
The ground-breaking new technology allows multiple LightWave 3D 2019 seats to all connect to one Unreal Engine instance and drive changes simultaneously for content creation and animation. The LightWave™ Bridge feature is the first ever real-time collaborative workflow between a 3D application and the Unreal Engine game engine. And the automatic discovery capability – that is none other than NewTek’s industry-leading NDI®.
Another major advance for LightWave users is the new Metamorphic system, which brings multipurpose animatable mesh sculpting and painting to Layout. Fully multi-threaded for fast operation, Metamorphic includes a wide range of brush options and controls, multiple animation modes, nonlinear interpolation, motion blur support and much more.
- New UV mapping and UDIM tile mapping tools and capabilities in Modeler
- Smoothing Groups in Modeler for fine-tuned control of contours in models
- Limited Bones mode
- Set the number of bones that affect a given point to match the target game engine
- Real-time optimizations to better match the bone system performance expected in game engines
- Interchange Bridge for interactive FBX interchange; support for more FBX attributes
- Shading Model Customization Tools
- New Shape Primitives and tools
- OpenVDB creation tools
- Shading and Rendering Enhancements
- Edge Shader Node simulates beveled or rounded edges without geometry
- Patina Node adds wear and dirt to surfaces to give your world that lived-in look
- Procedural Shader Node wraps classic LightWave™ procedural textures for Node Editor
- NVIDIA OptiX™ Denoising for still images (requires NVIDIA graphics card)
- Despike can reduce or eliminate artifacts for a render that has “fireflies”
- Scientifically-accurate Physical Sky shader and SunLight light type.
- Workflow and UI:
- Display Scaling Options for high-resolution monitors and multiple monitor setups
- Expanded Layout Undo System
- Popup Menus now support mouse wheel, navigation keys, search and more
- Node Graph controls for grid size, snap to grid, grid brightness and color, Tidy Nodes
- Online Documentation adapts to the screen format of any device
- “Managed portal” licensing option for large facilities. Purchase by special arrangement.
Availability & Pricing
Registered owners of any previous version of LightWave 3D can upgrade to LightWave 2019 for US$395, through March 31, 2019. LightWave owners who are eligible for special pricing under the terms of a previous purchase will need to contact LightWave Customer Services directly for their purchase arrangements.
International pricing may vary.
Educational pricing is also available. Visit www.lightwave3d.com/buy-lightwave/ to purchase or to locate an authorized LightWave reseller.