Renderosity believes in the talent of its community.
"What better way to see the best our artists have to offer than a calendar? That way you can see what your friends are capable of year-round," said Jenn Blake, Renderosity marketplace manager.
To create a 12-month 2020 calendar, Renderosity is holding a contest to highlight the best of the best.
The contest launched at 10 a.m. Dec. 3. Every few weeks from December until August we will hold a separate contest with a separate theme for each month in the year. For more information, visit Renderosity's Contest page.
Here is the schedule for the contest (all times CST):
● Monday, December 3, 2018: 10:00 AM January (Theme: Animals | Pets of the Community | Creatures) Contest Begins
● Wednesday, January 2, 2019: 10:00 AM February (Theme Faeries | Fantasy | Romance) Contest Begins
● Thursday, January 31, 2019: 10:00 AM March Contest Begins Theme Atmosphere/Mood | Backgrounds
● Friday, March 29, 2019: 10:00 AM June (Illustration) and July (Landscape | Rural/Countryscapes | Scenic) Contests Begin
● Monday, April 29, 2019: 10:00 AM August (Theme: Adventure | Architecture) and September (Theme: Photo Manipulation) Contests Begin
● Friday, May 31, 2019: 10:00 AM October (Theme: Monochrome/Black and White | Horror) and November (Theme: Food) Contests Begin
● Friday, June 28, 2019: 10:00 AM December (Religious/Spiritual | Seasonal/Holiday) Contest Begins, and Cover Contest Begins
All submissions can be 3D, 2D, Photography or Writing (on the image). Anyone can enter this contest. It is open to Vendors and Staff. Nothing overly sexual or violent will be accepted.
Winners will be voted on by the community and announced along the way. More details for each month can be found in the Contest section of Renderosity.
For the Cover Contest at the end, we ask all community members to submit Works in Progress, Rough Drafts, and Renders without Post work that represents what Renderosity means to you. The community will vote and the top four winners will be asked to resubmit their fully rendered/finished submissions for a final Staff Pick Vote.
Winners will be given marketplace gift packs including gift cards, products and software.
Preorders of the calendar will be available in March 2019.