Recently shipping alongside Unreal Engine 4.20 is the Action Role Playing Game (Action RPG or ARPG) sample project. As the name suggests, Action RPG is a fast-paced, third-person hack-and-slash game that was built from the ground up to help developers learn more about how to use UE4 to develop high-end mobile games for both Android and iOS.
Inside of the Action RPG sample project and accompanying documentation you will find a wide range of topics that any UE4 developer will find useful. Some of the topics that this sample covers are.
- Utilizing C++ and Blueprints together in a UE4 project.
- Setting up and using certain aspects of UE4's Ability system.
- How to support multiple platforms like Android, iOS, PC, Mac, and consoles.
Things to Consider:
- Due to the complexity of UE4's Ability system, ARPG only utilizes a small subsection of the available features.
- Certain aspects of this project also require that you have a good understanding of how C++ works.
We hope you enjoy this sample project and we look forward to seeing the projects you develop!