The Tales of BunnyPoo: Jessie and Steve

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:14 pm by Warlord720

I'm obsessed with love and romance and it's no surprise that I didn't feel connected to this particular one. DarkPhoria and JestePhotography met on Renderosity in 2000 and she's not sure "if it was a matter of an image comment or if it was in chat, but that's where it began."

I have to admit that when I got to the last paragraph, I teared up and I am not an emotional person, just a hopeless romantic. Consequently, my name is Hope too! is where their story begins.

I'm not sure if we started talking from image comments or from Renderosity chat, but that's how it began, then it went to icq, sitemails, what have you. I think I first heard his voice through icq and I was floored because as I mentioned elsewhere, he has a voice like James Earl Jones and what woman doesn't want to hear THAT? He was just warm, and kind, and funny, and REAL. I think I felt something, but wasn't sure of it until I went overseas to teach.

I was on Renderosity chat from Korea, and I was lonely and depressed, and he called me. He spent a lot of money and time to do it, and made me feel through that gesture that I was the most important and visible person.

I fell in love with him right then and there, but I didn't admit it till years later.

We did not live in the same province when we met online. We are both Canadian though. At the time, I was living in Ottawa and he was in Fort St. John, BC. We would talk on Rendo, ICQ. Then, when I went overseas in 2001 to teach English, he was the one person who reached across a few oceans to let me know I was not alone. It was not an easy experience for me, but he phoned me and racked up a $1000+ phonebill to talk to me for I'm thinking about 2 hours.

He says he'd fallen in love with me beforehand, but I didn't know it. On and off over the following 5 years, we talked. Then, he had a heart attack in 2002 and was offline for some time and I missed talking to him and wondered about him a lot. We lost touch for long periods. In December of 2005, he emailed me, and I asked him to phone me in a couple of weeks. I was on overnight shifts at the time and was just working, sleeping, working. He then called me at the beginning of January 2006, and I said, "I think I have feelings for you" and he said "FINALLY." That was that. I moved to Alberta in April--he was in Alberta by this time-- and we were married in May. Add to that, we had not once met in person before I took a plane. I guess it was brave, I've been told that. But I just knew. Only took me six years.

When I saw him face to face I knew I was home. I can say he is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I am the luckiest woman on the face of the planet. I am humbled he chose me. He's just the best person!

The one thing I guess I learned, if I have learned anything, is to trust your gut. I knew early on that Steve was the one for me. I also know it took the time it did because that's what was meant to happen. Each one of us knows instinctively what is right for us and we shouldn't dismiss something simply because it may be unconventional. I might have been warned off moving across the country the way I did, for example, but if there's a better decision I've ever made in my life I've yet to find it.

Sections: Art Gallery

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience possible More Info
Got it!